Below are books and videos recommended by the staff of CodBall:
- The 521 All-Stars by Frye Gaillard and Byron Baldwin
- The Baseball Economist by J.C. Bradbury
- Play-by-Play: Baseball, Radio and Life in the Last Chance League by Neal Conan
- Playing for Peanuts (DVD, TV Series)
- Podnuh! Let me tell you a story by Mel Didier
- Satchell Paige (comic book) from the Comic Book Project
- Touching the Game: Alaska (DVD)
- The Art of Catching by Brent Mayne
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game: the story of the sensational baseball song
- Odd Man Out: a year on the mound with a minor league misfit
- “As They See ‘Em” (Scribner)
- The Road to Omaha (St. Martin's Press)
- Sugar (film about the road to the Bigs from the Dominican Republic)
- See also Daniel Okrent's All-Star line-up of all time greatest baseball fiction.
About the Cape League
- The Last Best League by Jim Collins (2004)
- Touching the Game: The Story of the Cape Cod Baseball League (DVD) (2004)
- Summer Ball (children's book) by Diane Troy (2010)
- Summer of Success: The Short Documentary about the Cape Cod Baseball League (Vimeo) (2013)
- For a complete list of CCBL books, visit our Amazon list "Learn about the Cape Cod Baseball League"
One of our better lists of books and DVDs was published some time ago in a holiday gift guide.